2018 Congressional App Challenge!
2018 CONGRESSIONAL APP CHALLENGE
Do you have a great idea for a new app? Are you interested in coding and how it can be used to design programs that solve a problem or help people? Then you should enter this year's Congressional App Challenge!
The Congressional App Challenge is a competition aimed at encouraging elementary and high school students to pursue an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) through coding. The challenge is designed to highlight student creativity by giving them an opportunity to create their own applications and programs.
The competition is open to all middle and high school students in New York’s 11th Congressional District. Students interested in participating must submit their app by October 15, 2018 (more details below). For more information, please visit the Congressional App Challenge Website here.
Winners will be chosen based on originality, creativity, app design, and quality of coding. The competition is open to students of all abilities, and you can learn more by reading the challenge’s online student resource section. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office (718) 351-1062.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Students must register and submit App submissions will be accepted until October 15, 2018.
- Submissions may be from individuals or groups consisting of up to four people.
- Participants must fill out the Congressional App Challenge Student Registration Form before submitting their app.
- Once registered, students can submit their apps.
- More information on rules, eligibility and important dates can be found here: https://www.congressionalappchallenge.us/students/rules/
Next Steps For Students
- Check eligibility
- Register online
- Create an app
- Create a demonstration video
- Review the Submission Checklist
- Submit app by October 15, 2018
- Complete the Exit Questionnaire